19 October 2006

The Madness of George II

Three minutes until shower time.

I stayed at work until 3 AM last night. I don't know what possessed me...they were short because someone called out but, still...I don't usually do overtime. So it's been coffee for brunch (Green Mountain French Roast decaf and BloggersFuel Blogs of Bravery...very tasty) and off to work in a moment.

I discovered I can have more than one blogroll at Blogrolling so I've been trying to categorize the sites I have in my current blogroll as "feminist," "political," bloggers," etc. It's hard to fit some of you into just one category. I'd like to create a "Bloggers of Color" blogroll yet BlackAmazon, Blac(k)ademic, thefreeslave (who is, sadly, on hiatus), et al are so much more than bloggers of color. It's a quandry.

Anywho...I had to visit a few of the sites to refresh my memory and found something very interesting at Not the New York Times. There's a video posted there which was produced by AdBuzz. I'm posting it here for your consideration:



Interesting stuff, I tell you.

I had a patient in my Psych Nursing rotation who suffered from organic brain syndrome from years of alcohol and drug abuse. He was schizophrenic as a result. No, he was not naturally inclined to psychosis. His disease was directly related to years of substance abuse. Has to make one wonder if Bush's degenerating speaking skills are a result of his, admitted, years of alcoholism, hmmm?

tags: Bush / dementia / organic brain syndrome

5 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 10:14 PM, Blogger Pinky said...

not only the alcohol, but the . . . god, how many lines of cocaine did he do a day while in college? eighteen?

 
At October 19, 2006 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna say, there's some crispy synapses up in that noodle.

 
At October 20, 2006 2:53 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

That's true, HPS. Coke is muy bad for the brain. At least Clinton only smoked pot and even then, he didn't inhale.

Jean, I love how the video talks about "presenile dementia." So apt. Do you think you could manage to get him declared imcompetent?

 
At October 20, 2006 3:03 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, I just had to come back to show HPS what my word veri letters now are:

shoevay

Go ahead...click it.

 
At October 20, 2006 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think you could manage to get him declared imcompetent?

I will not change careers until I have done so.

Uh-oh..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner