11 November 2006

Californians, Envy Me

The fall is beautiful around here this year. I don't recall ever seeing colors so varied and brilliant. Opening my apartment door is like lifting the lid on a pirate's treasure chest, gold sparkling above and glistening below. I traveled to Jersey the other day for a haircut and drove through tunnels of orange so rich it was like driving through an old Hallowe'en Jack o' Lantern.

Sun and beaches and temperate climes be damned, you can keep your desert out there. I know where the real "Golden" states are and they're mine.

tags: autumn / ephemera

(Above: view from this broad's front door.)

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2006 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a treat to read, C.

 
At November 11, 2006 1:46 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, K. It's a treat to see, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner