26 July 2006

Good News

I'd meant to send off my resume and application to the hospital around the corner over the weekend but it didn't happen. So Monday I sent off a letter explaining that my weekend plans had changed and sent it out. (I didn't mention that my plans had changed in that I just decided to piss the entire weekend away.)

In looking in both my computers for my resume, I realized I hadn't applied for a job in three years and it was safely stowed away on my old Dell PC, which is gathering dust on my closet floor so I quickly jotted off another one. Given the state of my psyche, I wasn't much in the frame of mind to overblow myself, though. Of course, my "I'm not good enough" demons entered in and I began to worry that I should have touted myself more, should have been a little more flowery and expository in that resume, should have made myself sound better than I currently might feel about myself.

I'd already formulated a plan by this morning that, if I hadn't heard from the nurse recruiter by tomorrow, I would start calling Friday morning and bugging her until I got an interview.

She just called. I'm all set for next Tuesday to interview for the Critical Care Float Pool position, which is the one that appealed to me most until something full-time opens in the ER that suits my needs. I have good feelings about this now. There could be a light at the end of my three-year long and very dark employment tunnel!

Wish me luck!

Technorati tags: life / nursing / work

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 1:42 AM, Blogger figleaf said...

Hey, good luck, Cheryl!

Also, cute grandchild. Congratulations no matter how long ago those photos were taken.

figleaf

 
At July 29, 2006 12:05 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, figleaf. I'm sure the interview will go well...I can make a good impression when I want to. I just let my inner doubt demons rule too often. Need to stop that!

And thanks re: the grandboy...I think we'll keep him in the clan. He was born mid-April so these pics are 2 1/2-3 months old. I hope to finagle my way into a visit out there (they're 5 hours away) in a couple of weeks. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner