09 August 2006

Congratulations Are In Order

I interviewed with the Clinical Educator and two staff nurses at The Hospital Around the Corner this afternoon. I should be hearing from the nurse recruiter tomorrow or Friday with an offer for the job. I like the two nurses I met today. They seemed forthright, which is just my style.

I have more to post but much more to think about. Death has been on my mind a lot recently. My dad's. My sister's. Other people's. I realize I'm going through another emotional "growth spurt" but why do the damned things have to be so difficult?

I have lots to say about this, about life's parallels, about being a nurse, about watching people die, about birth and growth. I just don't have the oomph to do it right now, in the middle of it. When I'm a little further removed.

Bad news: Mike is probably coming in solo this weekend.

Good news: Mike, Jen and Brendan will be in Jersey in two weeks for the weekend.

So, I won't get to play with my grandboy this w/e but I will get to see Mike and Mom and then I'll get to play with everybody two weeks hence. Deal.

I've been reading lots of great stuff out there tonight. There will probably be a flurry of posts coming after I work the next two days. Consider yourself warned.

Also note I added the video of Saul Williams' Black Stacey on the post of the same name a few posts back now that I figured out how to do it.

Back to the 'net then 'early' to bed.

tags: death / family / grandchildren / life / work

1 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 6:41 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks, B | L...I'
m pretty excited about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner