06 August 2006

Stray Bullets

  • I now have Leonard Cohen in the cd player. Do you think I should put a panic call into my therapist? Maybe it's time to get those 302 papers ready, Ro!

  • I have actually found some male mentors via the internet and blogging. That's never happened before. Am I learning how to claim my inner man? It feels strange for there to be connections I value with a man outside of my family relationships...well, except for a few guy friends. What does all that mean?

  • Nora Jones' Come Away With Me (the cd and the song) is on now. Is she not one of the most beautiful women the earth was ever graced with? Guess I'm not too depressed, huh? ; )

  • Computer programming, or more specifically, html, is really nothing more than a series of keyboard shortcuts for small sections of code like [blockquote].

  • Am I imbibing in the occasional cerebral, shall we say, performance-inhancing substance (since that's timely) to try to self-medicate my misery and put me out of touch with my feelings or because it really does allow me to more readily access what I am feeling? Fuck, I imbibed tonight because I needed to fucking relax after a truly fuckful day!

  • Because there is no keyboard shortcut programmed into this html writer thingie to allow me to create a space between my bullets, I must manually alter the html code to produce that appealing effect.

  • That sucks! (Note I did not say, "That fucks," because that has the potential, in my estimation, be considered a positive whereas, "That sucks," would only have negative connotations coming from me.)

  • Is there any blog program or host or whatever-the-fuck-this-is that will allow me ease with some things like post editing and yet grant me the flexibility to set my site up as I desire, without moving to a separate domain name and web hosting thingie? I have a Wordpress blog but have found it too limiting. How does one go about customizing a Wordpress blog? Argh!
Technorati tags: blogging / I think I may be starting to figure this shit out / life

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, I don't know. I like Blogger but wish some things were easier, like adding to my links list. Wordpress, where I've also got a blog I never post to, is easy for that but doesn't allow for any individuality that I can find. I cannot find the template on my (free) Wordpress blog. I just wish there was some happy free medium.

Everything I've done so far on Blogger I've taught myself. I know nothing of html, computers, programming, etc. I've just tinkered with the code and learned how to edit it, how to write a (very) little but I've never done anything like this before. I really should go take a web design course at the county college. Who knows...maybe there's a budding computer programmer inside me just waiting to be set free. In my heart of hearts I am a geek, I just know it!

I own 4 domain names. (I hope Claiming My Inner Bitch is one..I should go check.) One is my dad's name. During his illness, I thought I might someday create a tribute site for him. Maybe for both my folks. I'm still working on making my peace with Mom. Dad was easier...I had time constraints.

My ISP offers to host your website. (I'm sure it's a "create a website at RCN.com" thing but that would be okay.) I might go see what they're like.

Oh, and the word veri thing here is a bitch! I like others I've seen so much better. Wordpress or Typepad has a nice one, just four or five letters/numbers in a box with a scribbly background. you know? Much easier for me to read than this shit! I'm on my second attempt now, too.

....third. Grrrr!

 
At August 13, 2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

As I read over that comment, I realize I've always been a geek. Damn shame I was born in that awkward period between slide rules/pocket protectors and computers. It's a bitch to have graduated high school in 1975!

 
At August 13, 2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, and the real bitch of my lack of programming or writing code or whatever the hell it is...my son is a doctoral student at Carnegie Mellon University, arguably one of the top ten computer schools in the world, in mechanical engineering. And he knows nothing about html! He knows C+ and C++ and all that shit and can't help his mother at all with web design! Does that bite or what? Lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner