16 August 2006

Sexual Education

In case you missed the link in the last post to the hilarious 50's sex ed video, I've posted it here for your viewing pleasure. Okay, I can't figure out how to download then upload it to YouTube but you can watch it here. Might just take you back a bit.

Molly Grows Up

It's not the video I got to watch in fourth grade, in 1967. That one, as I recall, had smiling ova and dancing sperm and advised girls to pay extra attention to their hygiene during 'that time of the month.' In other words, useless. I particularly enjoyed Miss Jensen, the dyke school nurse, and wonder why Molly's mother left her gloves at Miss Jensen's house last night, hmmm?...

tags: humor / life / sex / sexuality education

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

She did seem to have a very serious demeanor, that nurse...

On the other hand, I think it was mostly supposed to reinforce the notion that everyone over 23 is old and haggard, and you only get to be "wear romantic dresses and make important friends" for a 6 months period when you're 18.

 
At August 17, 2006 12:08 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

...and sensible shoes.

Oh, was that when it happened? Too bad we didn't realize it at the time, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner