19 September 2006

Intimacies

I'm sharing two very intimate things with you tonight. Don't be shocked and I hope you'll still like me after you see them.

Look right, in the sidebar just below my blogroll. You'll see two new buttons. You may click them but only if you promise to be gentle with me.

I found a wonderful site tonight courtesy of Kristin at go, go, bimbo! It's called LibraryThing. It's down right now and thank God for that or I'd be working twelve hours tomorrow on zero sleep! It's wonderful! I didn't have time to play around with it more fully anyway because I wasted so much time entering books into my library. I indulged my OCD to the extent of tracking down the
edition of the book when I first read it! Ahhhhh, I feel better now! It seems to be like a Technorati for books and book people, I guess, with a little MySpace thrown in.

It has a great search engine for compiling your library. You can tag your books. I'm just starting to get the hang of tagging. I think it has a way to chat. You can access other people's libraries and get recommendations for books similar to yours. I bet there are forums as well but I don't recall.

Like books? Check it out!

Thanks, Kristin!

The other sliver of myself I'm sharing with you is my Amazon.com Wish List. See the little gift? Ain't it cute? I'm not expecting anyone to actually buy me anything from it though Christmas is coming, Mike and Jen! Really, it's just to give you an idea about the things I'm planning on getting in the future. Don't bother. Really. Unless, of course, you're related to me.

Remember the ground rules...no audible or legible sneering at this little peek into the psyche of Cheryl's formative years and ongoing reformation.

Work in progress, remember?


tags: books / consumerism / geek / literature / library / life / nerd / word nerd

4 Comments:

At September 20, 2006 12:57 AM, Blogger Bimbo said...

I matched editions, too, and I was highly pist! that they didn't have covers for some of my books. They appear only as a title. And no, I don't like admitting my deeply Bert neurotic book behaviors, either. If you need help at Librarything Abby is really prompt and super savvy. Enjoy.

 
At September 20, 2006 6:07 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Yeah, that was frustrating for me as well but I opted for realism over pictures.

God, I love books...old ones and hardcovers especially. Love the feel of them, the musty smell. I have a library fetish, too. I'm such a nerd.

Thanks again for the tip!

 
At September 20, 2006 6:48 PM, Blogger Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Yeah! This is the coolest thing ever. I just signed up and will be spending the rest of the night there. :)

But what's up with the 200 book limit (for the free service, that is)? Are there people that own less than 200 books. What a shame.

 
At September 20, 2006 9:18 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Wouldn't it be great to create two accounts...one for books you've read, the other for your ultimate library. Sort of a Fantasy Book League. ; )

I'm just putting up those that were most memorable or significant for me in some way, the ones that helped mold me. That's the real peek into my psyche.

Just narrow it down to the 200 most important ones.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner