14 December 2006

Favorite Cartoon Characters?

I stopped by Shakespeare's Sister last night and, among other interesting things, I found this little gem. It was so much fun, I decided to do it here.

Who/what was your favorite cartoon characters when you were growing up?

Here are the ones I cited at Shakes':

Foghorn Leghorn

Ever the Southern gentleman, swooned over by all the hens in the henhouse, he's got his sights set on the widow, Miss Prissy. I especially loved his interactions with Miss Prissy's son, Egghead, Jr.

Mighty Mouse

Toon land's answer to Superman. This mouse could do anything and was always available to "save the day!" What a mouse!

And, last but not least...

Underdog!

What can I say. I had an alcoholic father so the bumbling, well-meaning "super-hero" was right up my alley. Besides, Polly was cute.

I also admit to being a closet Scooby-Doo fan. I liked Velma. I wonder why?...

(You can click on the pics to get to Don Markstein's Toonopedia page for each character.)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Bimbo said...

I totally identify with Wile E. Coyote having suffered my own genius and determination. The look on his face when he's suspended in mid-air after the edge of the cliff breaks away... yeah. Pepe LePew has a special place in my heart, though.

 
At December 16, 2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

Underdog. And I can still sing the theme song to the Banana Splits.

 
At December 17, 2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Mocha said...

Foghorn Leghorn is a favorite of mine, too. Velma did nothing for me. What's that say about me?

Hiya, Cher! I miss you. Are you under a rock? Gonna come out and play soon?

 
At December 17, 2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, Bimbo! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring such painful memories to mind! I has a soft spot for Pepe, as well. What a charmer. Then again, I had thing for Pepe's role model, Maurice Chevalier!

 
At December 17, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

BG! Another Underdog fan! He just rocked, with his unassuming lil' ol' ways!

Can't say as I recall much about the Banana Splits. I think that was after the start of my "druggie phase." I don't remember too much about the 70's / early 80's as a result.

 
At December 17, 2006 10:43 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

{{{{Mocha, my love!}}}} How lovely you are, my Bootylicious friend!

What Velma says about you is that you're straight as that proverbial fucking arrow, damn it!

Great to see you, Mocha! I'm taking the first, cautious steps out into the light. ::dons shades:: "Nope, still too bright!" ::links back under rock::

 
At December 28, 2006 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always had a thing for the martian on Bugs Bunny.

 
At December 29, 2006 1:28 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

HPS: That's rather kinky on a number of levels, don't you think?

Good to see you!

 
At December 30, 2006 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I've gone through my whole life feeling a little bit like a space alien . . ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner