06 September 2006

Blogging Meme

Okay, I guess I can't avoid it any more and have to respond to a meme. Otherwise Jean will just keep tagging me until I do one. At least this one is a little less intimidating than the book meme I've so far successfully put off. I mean, she jumps to the conclusion that I've actually read ten books?...

Why do you blog?

It started out as online journaling a year ago on MSN Spaces. It was a private
journal for myself and a few friends. Then I realized I need not be miserable to so few, that I could share my misery with the many so I went public. It's been very therapeutic (for me).

How long have you been blogging?


On Blogger, in public? Since February, when my dad was
sick. On MSN Spaces, since last November, I think.

Self-Portrait:
Oh, you don't mean a literal self-portrait?

Then this would be it. This is my new watercolor, Complete Woman, by Mara McWilliams. My first frame-able piece of purchased art.

I'm very proud.


Why do readers read your blog?

How the hell should I know? Ask them. Latent masochism? An Oedipal mother thing they've never gotten through yet? I'm cute and I don't stink?

What was the last search phrase someone used to get to your site?

Lemme go look, okay?

I swear to God I didn't make this up:

"sweat sweating OR workout OR yoda OR dance OR soaked OR drenched 'i sweat buckets' " (which led them here)
I couldn't make that shit up!

God, I love the internets!

It's a series of tubes, you know?

Which of your entries unjustly gets too little attention?


I can't say I've paid very much attention to th...

Wait a minute...the Trust condom commercial! It took frigging weeks for someone (a newcomer, yet) to comment on this remarkable video, which I consider to be about the height of sexy, and sex-positive and safer sex awareness and real AIDS prevention!

Have you people no taste??? ; )


Your current favorite blog?

Nawh! G'wan! I ain't going there!

What blog did you read most recently?

Jean's, though I've been floating blissfully all around out there tonight. Hi, everybody!

Which feeds do you subscribe to?


Feeds? You mean I could pay to a subscription to have someone come and feed me? Why have I not heard of this, in an election year, yet?

Actually, I have a Bloglines account and a del.icio.us tag thingie on my browser and have no flipping idea how to use them!

What blogs are you tagging with this meme and why?

Just like chain letters, I don't believe in involuntarily imposing my nosiness or guilt on others, with the possible exception of my son, but that's what mothers are for.

Hence, I'll not tag anyone, thereby saving myself the embarassment of having someone answer it a month and a half from now when they finally make their way back here.

If it interests you, go for it! And let me know about it...I'll retroactively "tag" you.

Comment on the frigging condom video finally, will you???

(Addendum, Sept. 7, 2006: I love how the Google search person was trying to channel a dead, sweaty Jedi Master:
"sweat sweating OR workout OR *yoda* OR dance OR soaked OR drenched 'i sweat buckets' " and how come no one's commented on the fucking condom video???)

tags: blogging / memes

2 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger H.M. Lufkin said...

Sweat buckets? WTF?

Also, thank you for unleashing your misery to a wider audience. It loves company, ya know? ;)

 
At September 07, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I tell ya, I couldn't make this stuff up! The internets are great!

And, you're welcome! My misery feels happier, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page

  • *CmIB = Claiming my Inner Bitch
  • *CmIB-E = Claiming my Inner Bitch Enterprises
  • *MBCP = May be considered patriarchetypical (c) 2006 CmIB-E
  • *NOP = No Ordinary Princess, my other blog
  • *THAC = The Hospital Around the Corner